Please spend some time learning about us at the "about us link" before pursuing enrollment.
North Star enrollment is a multi-step process. It is dependent on openings and the determination that learning at home in collaboration with North Star is a good fit for your family.
We begin the enrollment process by gathering the necessary information to place your student on our interest list. If we have no openings, your student will be placed on a waiting list, which gives no guarantee of enrollment, or a timeline for enrollment. We evaluate openings on a rolling basis.
Steps to Enrollment
- Research our school and other MLO options by reviewing the homepage of the rest of our website, to see determine if our model seems to be a good fit.
- Complete the MLO INTEREST FORM 24-25 to provide contact information for us to move forward.
- Your family will receive an invitation to participate in an enrollment Interview and information gathering session. Depending on the timeframe, this may be done in small groups of families or individually.
- If enrollment is approved, families may begin completing the necessary paperwork and start investigating curriculum.
- The mentor teacher will set up a time to meet with your family to create the a Written Student Learning Plan (WSLP) and to discuss curriculum choices, instructional strategies and other needs you may have to teach your child at home.
- Final enrollment paperwork needs to be submitted online.
- Students will be enrolled in clubs and curriculum will be provided to begin learning.